Saturday, April 17, 2010

SYN and no phone.

NEXT WEEK:

1. I am living for seven days without my mobile phone, twitter and facebook.
Why?
An article in the Age to coincide with the release of Apple's iPad (and yes I am aware it's been pushed back) about the dependence the modern person has on technology.
Also to see if I can hack it. I will let you know in an undoubtedly lengthy and full of 'aghhhhghghg' post probably next monday.
And yes, I am shit scared.
Things I use my phone, facebook and twitter for:
- Text messages
- Calling (duh)
- Remembering birthdays
- Alarm Clock
- Attending events
- Checking the weather
- Checking when trams/train come
- Googling unknown things to seem more knowledgeable in tutorials.
- Taking amusing/sufficiently arty pictures and/or videos
- Checking fb a little too often
- Useless multitasking when watching TV, a movie or on public transport
- The time

I'm sure there are a few more I am forgetting, but I think you get the picture.

2. I'm going to be on SYN radio (90.7 FM if you're in Melbourne)!
A friend and I have created a show called Either versus eIther (as in the different pronunciations) and we will be debating generally 'versus' things. Most of them relate to 12-25 year olds, or are just fun to take to the 'enth extent.
8pm on Monday nights, and also on Panorama (news and current affairs radio show) on Wednesdays at 4:30.
Be there or be

No comments:

Post a Comment